CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 9, 2007

A Week in the Outer Banks


We spent the last week in North Swan Beach, North Carolina. We didn't realize that the house we rented was actually down the beach 7 miles in soft sand, but thankfully we had our 4Runner which is 4WD. Needless to say it was an adventure getting down to the house but once we got there it was so awesome. The house was so nice and the view was great. We were about 500 yards from the beach and we were able to listen to the sound of the waves as we went to sleep at night. The part of the beach that we were in the Outer Banks is also home to the Wild Horse Sanctuary. At first, I was a little sceptical that we would even see any. Well, as we were on the beach last Monday, they all of sudden just started walking out from where the house were. Then the next morning, I woke up early because of a certain dog I know(GRACIE) who was ferociously growling at something outside. Well, it was the horses and they were about 100 feet from the house just grazing on the grasses. As I sat there taking pictures of them they just kept getting closer and closer until they were in the back yard and then they went under the house. The houses there are all on stilts. I was so amazed by the horses and that they were not even bothered by any of the people around them. Joe's mom came up from South Carolina for a few days to enjoy with us and while she was there we went to the Currituck Lighthouse and the Wright Brothers Monument. We had a very relaxing time and Aaron and Christian enjoyed the beach, making sand castles, helping Dad fly the kite, and the hot tub at the house the most. We had many beautiful days at the beach decided that we will have to do it again next year after Joe gets back from his deployment.

5 comments:

Trena said...

Lori,
I am so glad that you had a wonderful vacation together! It looks like a wonderful place to go and relax!! I especially loved the picture of the rainbow. Rainbows are very special to me... reminds me that God will make a rainbow of the storms in our lives. When is Joe being deployed?

The Santimaw's said...

Joe leaves mid-August for his deployment.

Annecourager said...

Look HOW TALL YOUR KIDS ARE.

*Sniff!*

David is taller than you, now, btw.

Looks like a faboo vacation. How wonderful!

The Santimaw's said...

I am sure D is taller than me and so is S or getting close to it. The boys will be there soon enough. We had a great time at the beach it was wonderful. I miss it already.

Jennifer said...

Lori,

I am so glad you are keeping this blog going. It brings you all closer to us. I was unable to see the pictures, maybe you can email them to me, I would love to see some current pictures! Miss you all,

Jennifer